Pages

24 June 2013

Best of Flowers Embossing technique

Here's another technique I taught in class.  We used the same stamp set but the card design was different - I'll post a photo soon.

The pretty daisy image is form this month's 'best of' stamp set, this one is Best of Flowers.  See the flyer on the right for more information about these new stamps. The colours used are Whisper White and River Rock, which is another retiring colour.

So, first wipe an anti-static pad over the card then stamp your image randomly with Versamark ink and heat emboss with white embossing powder.  Next, carefully paint the flowers with white craft ink - I put a few drops of refill ink on an artist pallet and used a damp brush to paint. Leave to dry then using a marker pen in the same colour as the base card, fill in the center of each flower and half way on the petals leaving the tips white.  Use a soft cloth or tissue to wipe off excess ink as the white embossing will resist the waterbased ink.  This will make the embossing pop.

The daisy will punch out with nicely with the 1 1/4" scallop punch.  You  may notice that I cut out the one by the sentiment here, that's because I didn't have the punch when I made this card.  I have now though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment